Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pregnancy Check

Miss Dorie looks pretty thin to me.
From both ends.

Mindy looks a bit heavier.
But not much.

Nelly!
Might explode!

I don't want to get my hopes up- she tricked me last year.  But seriously, if she doesn't calve this year, she might be too fat to get pregnant!

(Notice my hay feeder has been demolished?  Apparently Husband wasn't aware it was only designed for one bale, not three.  Add that to the spring chores list.)

Can you tell the weather's getting nicer?  I'm outside taking pictures everyday, lol.  We're even starting to get a few drips by mid afternoon.  That's right- we're above freezing!

7 comments:

  1. We are just above freezing here, too, in NE Kansas... your brown cows don't look pregnant to me, if they are supposed to be very far along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have no idea. They've been exposed for months.

      Delete
  2. So maybe toothless was nutless too. Can I say that? hee hee I remember last year (wow, I've been around that long?) how Nelly had us all fooled. I hope she gets it done this year. She's such a great looking gal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely has testicles. Definitely. They're kind of scary huge...

      The thing is, since they're all together all the time, any of them could be pregnant at any stage. Kind of a pain.

      Delete
  3. Cows can be too fat to get pregnant? She does look fat. What kind of cow is she, the breed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I read that somewhere, that fat cows are hard to breed. She's a charolais cross.

      Delete
  4. I love winter, but it's time! The cows look healthy even if a bit thinner than you wanted.

    ReplyDelete