Sunday, February 23, 2014

Harvest 2013

Harvest 2013

Nothing new here, just a copy for my records before I wipe out the little side bar.  My record keeping was bad last year, especially at butcher time.  We butchered one female calf and two smallish pigs.  Our neighbour also dropped off a bit of venison, since he had more than he needed.  This is what I tracked though, so here it is.

  • Dairy- Butter- pounds- 46 lbs
  • Dairy- Milk- 750L (approximate)
  • Eggs (approximate)- 70
  • Fat- Tallow- Quarts- 6
  • Fruit- Blueberries- Meals- 8
  • Fruit- Nectarines- quarts- 6
  • Fruit- Rhubarb- frozen pulp- 6
  • Jam- Strawberry- pints- 13
  • Juice- Rhubarb- 12L
  • Meat- Beef- Ground-
  • Meat- Beef- Jerky-
  • Meat- Beef- Roasts- 4
  • Meat- Beef- Steaks- 33
  • Meat- Beef- Stew- 1
  • Meat- Chickens- butchered- 6
  • Meat- Fish- meals- 12
  • Meat- Partridge- 5
  • Pickles- Dill- Quarts- 12
  • Seeds- Sunflowers- Quarts- 3
  • Veg.- Beans- frozen, meals- 7
  • Veg.- Cucumbers- fresh- 44
  • Veg.- Onions- 6
  • Veg.- Peas- 3 handfuls
  • Veg.- Peppers- fresh- 17
  • Veg.- Potatoes- pounds- 10
  • Veg.- Tomatoes- fresh- 10 gallons
  • Wine- Apple- bottles- 21
  • Wine- Elderberry- bottles- 6

Medicine Chest

I'm not wiping the medicine chest off the side bar, just continuing to add to it as I create/harvest/prepare additions.  I'm just posting it here in case I should wonder when I added something at some point in the future.

  • Salve- Plantain-Comfrey
  • Tea- mint leaves- quarts- 2
  • Tea- raspberry leaves- quart- 1
  • Tea- Yarrow- quart 1
  • Tincture- Pennyroyal
  • Tincture- Speedwell
  • Tincture- Thyme
  • Tincture- Yarrow

1 comment:

  1. Wendy,
    That is amazing. Do you date everything? Can you estimate or do you keep tabs of how much you must spend on food. What type food do you buy? I suppose with four growing boys, you and husband, this is not as much as it seems to me.

    Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete