Monday, February 13, 2012

Uh oh

Look what I broke.
#1 shut off the water to the barn yesterday. There's a trickle leak out there, and we were running out of water due to it being a heavy laundry day.
He forgot to turn it back on. I went to turn it on myself this morning. But it's been awhile. I turned off the house valve. Or, at least, that's the valve I grabbed.
Except, it's been a long time since the house was shut off. The valve was rusted up. Water started spraying out of it. Oh shit.
I tried to turn it back off. Then it snapped. Then it really sprayed all over the place.

Thankfully, we have an emergency shut off switch on the well.

Now I'm heating water for dishes on the wood stove.   And baking bread with bottled water.

6 comments:

  1. Ugg, what a pain. Hope you get it fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the pits! It is too cold where you are to get sprayed with water. Now, it's too cold here to get sprayed with water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say, is thank god for daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God for Dad..he's such a handy guy to have around. I swear he makes McGyver look like a rank amateur :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding, eh? We'll make it through the end ok, just so long as dad's with us!

      Delete