Saturday, February 4, 2012

Seedlings

More peppers have sprouted!
I have been watching The Edible Garden, another British infodocreality show.  Why is it that they have so many useful and interesting shows on, while we are flooded with all of those crappy idols, x's, nexts, and such?  At any rate...

She starts a million seedlings for her little garden, including lettuces and such, to optimize her minimal space.  Space isn't my issue.  Weather is.  The one time I tried growing lettuce inside it bolted very quickly.  However, I am re-inspired.  I'm going to try starting it in the sunroom, and then once the sunroom starts getting warmer in the spring, I'll try moving it into the living room, which mostly only catches the morning sun.  Maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll have a nice salad or two, grown at home, before August.

No comments:

Post a Comment