Monday, April 9, 2012

Duck, Duck, Goose, Turkey, Turkey



Another beautiful, sunshiney weekend!  We tidied up the turkey pen, patched the fence back together (where I cut it open into the garden last fall), and the boys went to get the ducks, geese and turkeys.


The birds all settled back into their pen like they knew where they were going and happy to be there.  There's very little green growth here, but more than in the chicken pen, which also made them happy.






Lots of room to stretch their wings, and no chickens to annoy them!







 


 #2 dug a hole for them, which I lined
with plastic. A small pond for the ducks and geese to bathe in.  It was filling with water.








It didn't take them long to figure out where the water was, although nobody dove in. It might be a bit chilly for a swim (well water).

I need to cover the edge of the plastic with some dirt and rocks still.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of that song, Splish-splash I was takin' a bath. lol I can't wait til we get our edge of the pond cleaned up so we can get some ducks. Have to wait though because there are more pressing things...have to get our *ahem* ducks in a row first! :-)

    ReplyDelete