Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mama's Moved In

To the chicken coop.  The rabbitry, actually.  The small room off the side of the chicken coop.

She's looking a little plump.

Hey Mama!  Have you got babies in there?
We got Oscar just at the end of April last year.  Goats have a 5 month gestation period, so we could have had babies as early as September.  Mama is looking the plumpest, so we've moved her inside.  It could be any day.  Or it could be a couple of months.  Hard to tell.  Goats tend to bulk up a lot in the winter.  She wasn't interested in standing up today to let me take a look at her udder.  I'm pretty sure it won't be too long though!

1 comment:

  1. They babies will be so cute! I wish I could find someone who would let me play with their goats, visit their kids.

    ReplyDelete