Monday, October 29, 2012

Trailer Extension

#4 and I have been working on firewood alone a lot lately.  My little trailer (the green part) works out pretty good for the two of us.  It holds just a bit more than one tank of gas in my chainsaw's worth of cutting.
I bought a cargo net in the spring to cover it, but the holes are too big.  Pieces would still slip out.
So I built a little extension.  And in keeping with my power outage story line- I cut all of the pieces with my chainsaw.  Oh, ok.  In truth, I was too lazy to get the mitre saw out and measure everything.  Chainsaw construction rocks.

We also had friends out yesterday, who volunteered to assist with firewood.  Friends doing firewood also rocks!  We filled my trailer, the pick up truck, and the big trailer.  That should go a long way toward filling the woodshed!  #4 and I have our work cut out for us this week, getting it all unloaded and piled.

4 comments:

  1. Firewood=warm. Right now, I am shivering with no heat! Brrr I have no heat on and none to use right now. Oh well, my goal was to make it to November without heat. Friends helping with firewood is great. You must be very toned with all the work you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not really. I sabotaged myself years ago. I only eat once a day, most days, so my metabolism is pretty much wrecked.

      Delete
  2. It is something satisfying knowing there's a few months' worth of heat piled in the woodshed. It's real peace of mind.

    My dad used to say that burning wood warms you 4 times...once when you cut it...another when you pile it to dry...a third time bringing it in the house...and finally, 4th when you burn it.

    Glad to hear that you had extra help with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth! And your dad's saying is right on the money!

      Delete